Written by Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association
Your Valentine’s Day Guide
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and if you’re like me, you’ve dropped the ball on getting a present for that special someone OR you just want to treat yourself to something special. I’ve compiled a quick and easy list of wine-themed items that I love and lucky for you… many of them are available on Amazon or can be done this weekend!
- The Traditional Valentine’s Day Dinner – Concannon Vineyards, Cuda Ridge, Garre Vineyard, and McGrail Vineyards are all hosting dinners that promise to be nothing short of amazing! More information and tickets can be found here, but don’t delay because they will sell out!
- For the Trivia Lover – Wine Wars is a trivia game for wine geeks and wannabes. It can be played with up to six people and pairs best with, you guessed it, WINE!
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving – Get your sweetie the Livermore Valley Passport. It is valid for the calendar year and allows complimentary tasting for one visit at each winery for the passport holder and one guest. This is an amazing deal if you like to sample everything Livermore Valley has to offer.
- For the Book Lover – There are so many great books on wine. Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine is a great book with fabulous images explaining everything about wine. Want to have a little more fun while learning? Check out The Essential Scratch and Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert. This interactive book allows a hands-on approach to learning the about wine.
- Make Something of Your Own – Several of our wineries offer BYOB so that you can bottle your own special bottle of wine or check out these ideas on Pinterest to make something special.
- Go Wine Tasting – This may not be Valentine’s Day-specific, but sometimes the best ideas are the most obvious, right? Livermore Valley wineries are rolling out the red carpet for the weekend. Check out the full lists of events here.
Enjoy your weekend and don’t forget to love a little more!