Written by Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association
5 Ways to Celebrate California Wine Month in Livermore Valley
Today marks the start of California Wine Month, that’s 30 whole days celebrating my favorite thing: California wine! My only question is, why not 31 days? Lucky for you, I’ve found a way to remedy that. Here are five ways to celebrate California Wine Month.
- Harvest Wine Celebration. Kick off the month and spend Labor Day Weekend with wineries, food trucks and bands! Tickets are on sale online through noon Saturday, but you can get your tickets at any participating wineries on Sunday. Check out the details!
- The Winemakers Studio at Wente Vineyards. Try your hand at winemaking! This class will walk you through different components of wine tasting. Take home your very own blend of wine!
- Try a new winery. Did you know that there are more than 50 wineries in Livermore Valley? Stop by one that you have been meaning to try. Many wineries have special activities and deals throughout the month. See the full list of winery activities here!
- Concannon Cab Camp. For anyone who loves Cabernet Sauvignon, this is the event for you! The Cab Camp features three different seminars covering everything from clones to the Mother Vine. Reserve your spot today.
- Sample wines at the Livermore Airport Open House. On October 1st, so technically not quite California Wine Month, head to the Livermore Airport with 25+ wineries. Sample wines, check out vintage cars and enjoy an air show. It’s fun for the whole family! Details on wine flight packages can be found here.
So tell me, what’s your favorite thing to do during California Wine Month? Whatever it is, make sure you open a bottle, or two…