Benefits for the Winery members
Person, firm, or corporation engaged in commercial processing of wine grapes in the Livermore Valley AVA (American Viticultural Area). Voting member
- Wine Tasting Brochure: Logo, contact information and inclusion on the map
- Label, website listing and link: 70 word description
- Website searchable listing of grapes (varietal grown, acreage, root stock, trellis, production, etc.) for sale on LVWA website
- Website: Awards section
- Electronic member-only newsletter
- Invitations to Member Dinners
- Invitations to Professional Development Seminars
- LVWA office referrals from consumer calls and inquiries
- Referrals of media interviews and editorial opportunities
- VIP Passport - entitling bearer/card holder to:
- discounted bottle prices at participating LVWA Member Wineries
- waived tasting fee in participating tasting rooms for you and a guest
- Listing and/or maps in various local and regional magazines and publications
- Showcase quality & diversity of Livermore Valley wine by participating in unique out of area events
- Invitation to participate in AMAC monthly meeting (Association Marketing Advisory Committee)
- Eligible for Board Positions
Responsibilities for the Winery members
General Membership Responsibilities
- Advance and adhere to LVWA Goals and Mission Statement
- Payment of Annual Dues
- Wineries must be bonded and have a tasting room in the Livermore Valley AVA
- Wineries must participate in the Passport Program (unless $1000.00 opt out fee is paid)
- Requirement to participate in at least 2 ticketed events: (tickets sold by LVWA)
- Barrel Tasting Weekend
- Taste our Terroir (Thursday night and/or hosting a weekend event counts as participation in only 1 ticketed event)
- Airport Open House
- (more detailed event information is available on the event participation forms)
- Requirement to participate in Holidays in the Vineyards (non-ticketed event)
- Wineries are required to be open on this weekend. Since this is not a ticketed event, wineries are encouraged to co-op in advertising to promote this event. Advertising fee is $225 per winery plus 6-12 bottles of wine which includes: Inclusion in media, radio and press, listing on event map, website, logo, posters and flyers to display in tasting room, along with downloadable pdf of activities at wineries.
- Have a representative attend AMAC meetings regularly - 2nd Thursday of every month
- Supply general information on a timely basis to be used for media and marketing programs
- Support for all other marketing efforts (other than those required) is optional and can be considered by each winery on a case-by-case basis
- Provide bottle of wine and any collateral for display case in LVWA office.
- Provide digital image of label and (up to) 70 word description for LVWA website and Wine Tasting brochure (Printed in the Spring of each year)
- Provide link from your website to the LVWA website
- Provide LVWA Office with a Certificate of Liability Insurance and include the following:
- Certificate Holder: Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association
3585 Greenville Road, Suite 4
Livermore, CA 94550-6710
- Name LVWA as Additional Insured: "Certificate holder is added as Additional Insured with respect to Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association sponsored events in which the Insured participates."
- Type of Insurance: Must include "Liquor Liability." Wineries will often include "Vendor Coverage" as well.
The Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association strongly encourages all of our member business to comply with laws, zoning, permitting, ordinances and regulations as established by the City and County in which they operate, the State of California, the Alcohol Beverage Control Board (ABC), the Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), the Enviromental Protection Agency (EPA), and any, or all, other (federal, state, regional and local) governing agencies.
In addition, our Association also encourages all of our area wineries to abide by good neighbor practices, offer ample parking, premium safety procedures, and top notch guest amenities that will assure the highest quality guest experience possible.