Where Genius Grows Scholarship Program
Where Genius Grows Scholarship Fund was implemented by the Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association (LVWA) to benefit students that are seeking a career in viticulture, wine industry hospitality, and enology. The LVWA will be awarding four (4) scholarships of $5,000 towards a degree in the certified area.
WHO MAY APPLY:
- An individual graduating from high school who plans to attend a two-year, four-year college or trade school.
- Current enrolled student that has an interest in viticulture or wine industry hospitality focus.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant exhibits a strong academic record and consistently maintains at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Applicant demonstrates involvement in Extracurricular Activities
- Confirmed Field of Study: Intended major, and College/University/Other Institution you plan on attending.
Official High School Transcript
Current Letter of Recommendation: Provide a letter of recommendation from an instructor, school principal, counselor or coach. The letter must be signed and provide the address, telephone number and position held.
Career Goals: an opportunity to briefly describe, including future plans for additional education where applicable (1,000 character limit)
Personal Essay: Submit a 500+ word essay that tells the committee about you, your financial need, your career goals and how you plan to help your community.
Work Experience: an opportunity to list work experience if you feel it adds to your application (1,000 character limit) Attach a Copy of Your SAT or ACT Test Results
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
The Board of Directors of the Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association will award the scholarships. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Demonstrated scholastic ability
- Community involvement and leadership and/or work employment either through community service, employment where the student is making a contribution to the California economy and/or sports participation.
- Your determination to succeed
- 500+ word essay
THE FINE PRINT:
Students may forfeit their scholarship eligibility and/or award for any of the following reasons:
- Enrollment in less than 12 units per semester
- Grades that drop below 2.0 in any given semester
- Providing false or misleading eligibility information/plagiarism
WHERE TO SEND THE COMPLETED APPLICATION:
Applications must be POSTMARKED or RECEIVED no later than April 1st, 2024.
Printed applications can be mailed to the Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association
3585 Greenville Road Suite 4
Electronic applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Mail: email@example.com or call (925) 447-9463.